I try my best to write about the things I’m passionate about. From an online reputation perspective, my company has access to data and situations that shed light on important topics we all need to deal with. As we live more and more of our lives online, it’s more important then ever to understand how this effects us as a society and it’s important my company does its part. From an entrepreneurial standpoint, I hope my experience can help others looking to start their own company.
Online Reputation & Privacy: This is my main area of expertise, and I’ve spent the last seven years building a company around my philosophy on privacy and reputation in the age of the Internet. My writing explores these issues even deeper. Some of my favorite posts:
- Don’t Let an Algorithm Determine If You’re Worth Hiring or Not
- Why the Online Reputation Management Industry is Changing–And Where it Needs to Go
- The Ashley Madison Hack: A Privacy Issue, Not an Adultery Issue
- Why Student Athletes Need To Watch Their Online Reputation
- When Parent Shaming Goes Digital, We’re All in the Gorilla Pen
- Online Reputation Management: The Ultimate Guide
Building/Growing a Company: I also occasionally write about my experience building BrandYourself. There are many ways to grow a company, and though my approach wasn’t traditional, I hope my writing can shed light on the experience for other first-time founders. Some featured writing:
- How we reversed a $300K/mo burn and hit profitability, without laying off a single employee.
- Start-up advice: How to gain immediate traction before and after launch
- Gaining 60,000 Customers in 60 Hours Through Press
- Why BrandYourself Moved from NYC to Lancaster
Other places I write:
For more writing on these and other topics, feel free to explore my blog.